This part of the project has been about gluing and sanding… lots and lots of sanding. Here are some more pics…
Getting ready to glue a brace. I used the bracing technique described on the Dr. ZEE Workshop 2×8 cabinet project page. My cab is going to look quite different, but his instructions were helpful.
I clamped each brace before screwing it in so that it wouldn’t move.
I used larger clamps to put pressure on each side as the glue began to dry and I screwed the sides into the braces.
Here’s a close-up of how the sides are connected to the bottom:
Next up: Choosing stain colors for the box and the baffle, more sanding, staining, and polyurethane for shine and protection.